Tuesday, January 13

trippy

I had given up sweeping landscape photos... unless there was a child in the foreground... as they almost never do the scenery justice. But I'm going to start taking these photos again. Lots of them, and then tweak them with this trippy Tilt Shift application that I found out about from Captain Dumbass.





WOW. Check it out! This is a suburban Italian town nearby. Don't you feel like you're watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood? I wish I had more shots it worked well with. The effect perfectly captures my sensation of life not being completely real. A tilt on reality if you will. Either that or it plays on my fear of becoming a giant.

10 comments:

  1. It does look like a model town. What were those creepy puppets named who always showed up in the Land of Make Believe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creepiest for me were Prince Tuesday and Henrietta Pussycat. Lagha! Especially if you go back and watch them as a grown up. Actually, if you have good memories of Mr. Rogers, I'd recommend NOT doing that. Just keep 'em good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:01 AM

    very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where is the train? weren't all the voices of the puppets done by mr. rogers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just there - does some interesting stuff to pix of the 15th-century frescoes in my local church!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES, that's precisely what it looks like. That is freakishly cool. Thanks for visiting and following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louise... oooh... cool idea. I hadn't thought of trying frescoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm thats cool. Gives me a few idea...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! I've seen those pictures before but I thought it was something you did in-camera. I'm off to DumbAss' to get the link to the app now!

    ReplyDelete

...and you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?