Thursday, May 7

in my other life

You have probably been able to gather I am a Mom, an American living in Italy, a bit silly, and swinging between confidence and self-doubt...

but I am also doing research in solar energy. Specifically I work with plastic semiconductors to make flexible, portable solar. Solar woven into fabrics, laminated, coated... invisible solar. Or folded up into your pack and taken out when you need it...

At least that's the promise of what we'll be able to do. Where we might be in 5 years? Seriously, this stuff is closer that you might think.

Anyway, I found a great web site that has an interesting, educational (much needed) approach to solar. I'm still going through it, but liked it so much so far that I put a link to it on my sidebar.

If you're interested in learning more about how we as a world can better use it's solar energy, take a look!

2 comments:

  1. So you are researching the sun ! Phew ! Hmm. No wonder ! No wonder !

    Awesome site. I have bookmarked it. Will go again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete

...and you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?