Friday, February 20

Market Days Meme

I think markets present us an interesting slice of society and culture. I'd love to see what yours looks like where you live!

This will be (I hope) a collection of posts that feature your local markets. Use a post on your blog to tell us about the sights, surroundings, and/or your thoughts about a trip to your local market. All types of markets welcome, outdoor, indoor, flea, farmer... and all types of posts... poetic, photo essay, commentary...

If you'd like to participate, just click on the Mister Linky image on the sidebar and tell us WHO and WHERE you are in the "Name" section, then add the link to your market day post. Also, it might be nice to link back here from your blog, telling people about "Market Days" to encourage a wider audience and participation. Feel free to use my "market days" badge in your blog.

This meme has no day or deadline as many markets around the world are seasonal. Contribute whenever you can.

Hope you enjoy this peek into your fellow blogger's neck of the woods!
-Christine

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun but it may take me a few days to get back to the khan. LOL

    How long do we have to put our post up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to just leave the link up on my sidebar, especially if I get a good response. You can have your post added to the list whenever. That way seasonal markets can show up too. When you're ready to submit your post, just click on the "market days" badge and this post will appear. Then leave me a comment and I'll move your link into the post.

    I may eventually move these into a links list widget on the side bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so not a photographer, but I'll give it a shot....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Unfortunatley we have no markets around here, only strip malls and grocery stores... sigh.... might be time to move out of Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanne... just make it your own
    Janna Bee... now I know they have flea markets in Michigan. I don't know where in Michigan you are but you may find a market closer than you think on this map of Michigan's best farmer's markets:
    http://www.absolutemichigan.com/dig/michigan/michigan-farmers-market-map/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janna, I found a ton of markets on this site too: http://www.farmersmarkets.msu.edu/ Sorry I don't mean to be pushy. I was just curious since I'm sort of from that neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo going to do this, now we just need warmer weather and some produce so that the Farmer's market opens up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in, but I'll need a couple of weeks to find the time to take some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, I'm gonna get together a market post!
    Aloha, christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ofcourse ! Ofcourse ! count me in !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish it was warm enough for our market... but I do have some lovely pics from this past summer's farmer's market here in Madison (one of the best in the USA, I say proudly). I'll see what i can do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll keep checking for your market posts. Please leave me a comment here to help me know when they are up. Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete

...and you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?