Monday, November 24

Meme Shmeme

I've been tagged.
Thank you Cairo Typo at Wandering the World for giving me this award. I met Ms. TypO just a few short weeks ago near the beginning of this NaBloPoMo insanity. She will go down in history as the second person to post a comment on my blog and has since given me unexpected support, inspiration, and laughs. When we're shriveled and senile, these bits and bytes will live on to tell our stories of hyjinx and adventure.

Now, down to serious beeznuss... What's the deely with this Meme? The rule is you can only answer the questions with a single word. And I have to nominate 5 other bloggers to do the same. Well, I'll tell you a little secret. I'm kind of a rule breaker when it comes to these kinds of things. Friendship rings, chain letters, mail the 10th person on the list a pair of sexy underwear. Uh... no.

That said, I'll play along. Sort of. Because I like TypO so much and I really am flattered she tagged me. But, I'm taking liberties to shake this up a bit.

Here are five of my favorite blogs. Really really. You kick ass.

Lynda at Lulu's Bay
Amanda at Life in a Suitcase
Derfina at Life in the River
Pearl at Pearl, Why You Little...
and Gutsy Writer

As recipients of this award, I will elaborate on one of my answers for you. Just ask. And, If you feel so inclined, please meme away, I'd like to know.


1. Where is your cell phone?
bag

2. Where is your significant other? work

3. Your hair color? brown

4. Your mother? frustrated

5. Your father? hunting!?

6. Your favorite thing?
punks

7. Your dream last night?
wicked

8. Your dream/goal?
passion

9. The room you're in?
cubic

10. Your hobby?
birth

11. Your fear? compliance

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? sailing

13. Where were you last night? bed

14. What you're not? short

15. One of your wish-list items? dress

16. Where you grew up? Plainfield

17. The last thing you did? hubby coffee

18. What are you wearing? clothes

19. Your TV? brain-cell-killing-hubby-loving-flat-screened-crabby-kid-making

20. Your pet? birds

21. Your computer? on

22. Your mood? smart-assy

23. Missing someone? yes

24. Your car? no

25. Something you're not wearing? diamond-encrusted-pumps

26. Favorite store? anthropologie

27. Your summer? Amalfi

28. Love someone? yes

29. Your favorite color? blue

30. When is the last time you laughed? barf-fest 11/08

31. Last time you cried? yesterday (don't worry mom, it was just Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)

10 comments:

  1. *SNORT* Ya got the coffee spurting out of my nose with #17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And shucks, Paw...Does this mean I get to put one of those badges on MY blog? *blushing*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derfina... yes! that's the best part of Meme shmeme... and if you meme, I promise to come over and check out what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do. Have to take El Juevo to school, so I'll be posting late for me, but you got it, babeeee. My first blog award! Hot damn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true. Meme's really are the chain letters of the blogoverse but some of them are addictive. And some are desperately needed. *cue NaBloPoMo montage* LOL

    Love number 17!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out! :-) I'll take the meme, but in true rebel form, I'll have to pass on the rest. That said, however, it's given me ideas for further posts. :-)
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know what part of Willy Wonka made you cry!? Is it when little Charlie thinks he's going to get kicked out for being naughty, too? I cry during almost every movie, but don't recall tears during that one.

    p.s. We are going through barf-fest 11/08 right now and I am NOT laughing. YET.m ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When he opens the first bar of chocolate that's his one and only bar that he gets every year for his birthday and there isn't a ticket and then he shares a piece with each of his family.

    And then again when he finds the ticket and runs home to show his family that they found it and his mother is so shocked she drops the cabbage on the floor.

    I'm an emotional whimp

    ReplyDelete
  9. also Amy... sorry to hear about barf-fest. Unfortunately it has to get really bad before it starts to get funny. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting - I also like #17.... what a bunch of loose moraled, peeping toms we are!

    I will add your kind request to the pile of other memes that I haven't done in 2008.... figure I might get them done in 2009... if I don't get distract...oh look.. something shiny!

    ReplyDelete

...and you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?