Friday, January 27

an exercise in optimism

leaving at 5 am gets me home by 4
there's no traffic
my neighbor waits patiently at the door
she calls me sweety
Starbucks is open
And I like driving at night
tunnel of light through darkness
gives me time to think
or indulge in a daydream

and about 4 o'clock
we weave and we talk
through paths and events of the day
two beautiful faces so happy to see me
and one a bit later slides his key in the door
although there is much that I miss
I can't quite complain as there's nothing I long for.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, night is a magical place of thoughts and texture-


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. The litlle things of life... There's something that makes me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always - your articles are astute and insightful

    ReplyDelete

...and you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?