Thursday, October 14

outside looking in

Well, that's about as deep as it's going to get because this post is just about me and my superfacial obsession with how my office looks and feels.

Yea, I have an office now.  Isn't that weird?

I have quite a nice view from my window too.  Some trees, lovely quartet of towering orange exhaust stacks, blue California sky.  I'm not complaining about that.

It's just that when I have my desk facing the window, I feel like every Tom Dick and Jane who walks buy noses in on what I'm up to.  It's unnerving.  I'm constantly on the ready to hide open message windows.

I was so ill at ease that yesterday I turned the desk around so that it now faces the door.  Problem now is that instead of gazing off at the blue sky, I look out into the hallway.

Tom Dick and Jane have noticed too (I told you they were nosing)... and to my surprise, seem to feel compelled to do something of a performance for me as they pass by.  One guy just did this little side shuffle so that he could square his shoulders to the door and accompanied it with a smiling mumble.  Very odd.  Especially as I haven't gotten so much as a nod from this dude in the numerous hallway passings we've had.  Seriously, he doesn't answer when I say good morning. 

Where's that second cup of coffee?

1 comment:

  1. LOL !! Trust that coffee helped !

    Modern offices and the people that inhabit them, are simply funny. I mean..thats a carefully cultivated humour !

    Glad they seem to be performing for you. Imagine if they come in and expect a performance from you...!!

    ReplyDelete

...and you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?