Thursday, October 30

gram vs. grim

(pil'gram), n. 1. a not so grim pilgrim. 2. a person who journeys, esp. a long distance, without a second thought about spelling or other trivial details that can easily squeeze the spice out of life.

__________


Ok... I'll admit it. I accidentally misspelled pilgrim. But after fretting about it for about, oh, 10 minutes or so, I've decided to, yet again, embrace the hand I've dealt myself. You'll find this is exactly my spirit once you get to know me a bit better.

But why, when, after all, strange strange pilgrim at blogspot dot com was still available?

Because I've grown attached. And gram is SO much better than grim.

grim:
1. stern, unyielding, harsh.
2. of a sinister or ghastly character.

it only gets worse from there... where on the other hand...

gram: (if we look beyond the metric unit, which I'm all for)
1. any of several beans, as the chickpea or mung bean (nice).
2. a combining form meaning "something written, drawn, or plotted."

Could you get a better description for a blog? What luck!

So it's here to stay... "Strange Pilgram", and all the more strange for it.

(now my spell checker tells me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

...and you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?